Friday, October 26, 2007

Tuna Melts

Well, dinner this evening didn't go as planned. I'd planned on making a chickpea and spinach curry from VWaV. I opened the cabinet to get out my can of diced tomatoes, and realized I didn't have any. The closest thing I had was tomato soup, and I just don't think that would've worked. So, I spied a couple of cans of albacore tuna, and decided on tuna melts and broccoli. We usually eat fish every few weeks or so around here. Anyway, I made up the tuna salad using two cans of albacore, some diced sweet pickles, some pickle juice and about 2 TBS of "lite" mayo. I spread the bread with Earth Balance, and grilled it on my cast iron griddle. I put on some shredded cheddar, sauteed onions and the tuna. They really turned out well, and Sleek thought they may have been the best tuna melts ever! I'll be making the spinach chickpea curry for lunch tomorrow, so stay tuned for that.

Two weeks ago on Austin City Limits, Sleek and I saw a band we thought was really good. They're called Explosions in the Sky. They're completely instrumental. We TiVO ACL, so we've been watching that episode a lot this week. I need to get some of that on my iPOD.

No comments: