Sunday, October 28, 2007

Make a Quiche

I'd planned on getting up early this morning to make the sweet-onion quiche that Sleek had requested. However, I wasn't thinking it would be 6:30. Usually the kids will sleep in until 7:30 on the weekends. Not today. I just dealt with it and got up, headed downstairs and put on a pot of coffee. I thought I'd listen to the live stream on www.wvpubcast.org Nothing like some NPR to get your day off to a good start. Well, the streaming isn't working today. I almost cried. I've mentioned before that my crappy clock/radio won't pick up NPR in the kitchen. So, in silence, I began to make the quiche filling. I had cooked the onions and baked the crust last night. All I had to do this morning was mix up the milk and eggs, shred the cheese (I prefer Gruyere for quiche), and add the spices. As it baked, Sleek and I sat at the kitchen table with our laptops and coffees, read the Sunday papers online, and joked about how crazy that is. A nice morning.

About an hour later, the quiche was ready to be cut. Holy smokes! It was awesome. Sleek says it's probably the best quiche he's ever had. Yum.

4 comments:

SleekPelt said...

This quiche is so good it's ridiculous.

carrie said...

The quiche looks fantastic. I'm going to have to make that really soon.

BirdMadGirl said...

I LOOOOOOOVE quiche. =)

Scott Romero said...

Thoughtful blog you have here.