Thursday, October 18, 2007

Fun Food Stuff

I didn't do a whole lot of cooking today. Just a pumpkin for a pie I'm making tomorrow, and what my Mamaw and Mom would call "fried apples" to go along with our leftovers for dinner. Really simple. Just apples peeled, sliced and sauteed in some Earth Balance and about 1/4 cup of brown sugar. Very tasty. We're having some friends over for dinner tomorrow evening, and the menu will be: Sesame-orange tofu, an Asian noodle dish and green beans. Pumpkin pie for dessert. Hopefully some alcohol will be consumed as well. I'll post recipes and some pics tomorrow night. (Well, depending on the alcohol situation, it may not happen until Saturday).

A while back, I came across this blog. It is no longer active, but it sure makes for some entertaining reading!

3 comments:

SleekPelt said...

I wish Steve would start eating crazy stuff again, but I can see how an endeavor like that would be temporary. That blog cracks me up.

Zee said...

That blog is SO fuckin' awesome. The Prison Wine episode was really terrific.

BirdMadGirl said...

I wish I liked pumpkin pie. :( I always seem to be the only person in the world that doesn't like that stuff. I love pumpkin bread and muffins though... just can't stomach the pie. Blecht. I'm a weird one, I guess. ;)