Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sunday Soup II

Here it is again, Sunday. Soup day. Sleek had suggested a cream of broccoli soup, so I obliged. I searched the web until I came across this recipe, which looked very simple and easy. However, the recipe only made four cups of soup! What's up with that? That's barely enough for the two of us, and would certainly not leave enough for leftovers. So, I quadrupled it. That's right. Quadrupled. I also substituted No-Chicken Broth for the chicken broth that was called for. The soup was ready to eat about an hour after I got started making it. When I tasted it, it seemed to be missing something. I added a decent pinch of nutmeg, and it was perfect! It made a fantastic dinner with a piece of leftover quiche from this morning.

I finally gave up on the live streaming from www.wvpubcast.org and just streamed the damn shows I wanted to listen to. It wasn't as good as listening to them on my local station, though.

6 comments:

carrie said...

I haven't had brocolli soup in such a long time. I'm going to have to make some soon.

I think nutmeg is key to anything creamy. It was a perfect addition!!

Susan Chipley said...

carrie, I agree that cream soup definitely requires some nutmeg!

Eric said...

thanks....

thanks for making me hungry...

if that was your objective, you succeeded...i hope you're happy...

i think what did it was the word "quadrupled." yep...that definitely did it...

Susan Chipley said...

spooge: You're welcome to come for dinner anytime. The catch is that Heather has to come too.

olives and more said...

This soup was delicious. Thanks!

Susan Chipley said...

Hi, olives! You just left yesterday, and I already miss you.