Sunday, October 21, 2007

Holy Mother of Muffins!

Good morning! I woke up at about 7:30 this morning. (Well, I should say I was awakened by two small bodies cuddling up to me in bed. They were chanting, "Mama moo-moo, Mama moo-moo!") That's not horrible. So, I decided to haul myself out of bed and head downstairs and make some muffins. I had all the ingredients needed to make Apple Pie Crumb-Cake muffins from one of my favorite cookbooks, "Vegan With a Vengeance." (I'm not vegan, but I enjoy really enjoy vegan cooking. I'll discuss factory-farming some other time.) I'm not going to post recipes here that are copyrighted, but if anyone wants the recipe, contact me and I'll get it to you.

I made my way into the kitchen at 8 a.m. Just in time to listen to "Weekend Edition" on NPR! www.wvpubcast.org has just recently started streaming live on the internet. That is very good news for me since our only radio in the house is a crappy little clock-radio that doesn't pick up NPR. (It works absolutely fine to wake us up and listen to the WVU football and basketball games that aren't televised.) I know I could listen to many other NPR stations that have offered live streaming for years. It just isn't the same as WV public radio. It just wouldn't be the same if I didn't hear Frank Stowers go through all the stations and call-letters in that unique and interesting voice of his. (Sleek tries to do an impersonation, but it always ends up sounding more like Huckleberry Hound than Mr. Stowers.)

So, by the time I pulled the muffins from the oven and gave them some time to cool, "Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me!" was streaming. What a great show that is! So, here I sit listening to "Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me!" while eating a muffin and having a great cup of coffee. All of that while blogging too! Really, does it get any better than that?

By the way, the muffins are ridiculously good!

No comments: