Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Well, It's Not Mushroom Stroganoff...

I found a recipe The Hippy Gourmet for a really easy mushroom stroganoff. I couldn't wait to make it. I bought all my ingredients on Friday when I did my weekly shopping. I thought I'd make it while Sleek was away since he really hates mushrooms. I started getting everything together last night to get it made. Two of my three packages of mushrooms were moldy, slimy and way stinky. Ugh. I was so looking forward to the stroganoff! It would've been so good on a cold, snowy evening.

I had to come up with a backup plan, and I have to say, it ended up being very good. I had a big spinach and spring mix salad with some crushed up whole grain crackers. I also had a grilled Havarti cheese sandwich. Look at the cheese oozing off! Yum!

No comments: