Sunday, December 9, 2007

Happy Birthday, Olives!

Today is olives and more's birthday. The big 26. On Friday night, we went out to celebrate. Celebrate we did. Maybe a little (or a lot) too much. We started off with a nice dinner and some drinks at The Vintage Room. I started off with an Upside-down Pineapple martini. It tastes just like a piece of pineapple upside-down cake. Amazing. For dessert, I had a pumpkin pie martini. It was fantastic as well.

After dinner, we headed to a friend's graduation party. After a couple of drinks there, olives and I were ready to head downtown. We went to 123 Pleasant St. where they had a dj and dancing. We danced our asses off, and kept on drinking. I got home sometime between 3 and 4 a.m. Had a fierce hangover yesterday. I couldn't cook anything. That wasn't a problem, though. Annelies had her first piano recital, which she was a little nervous about. I told her we'd take her to eat at any restaurant in town after the recital. Much to my dismay, she chose Ihop. Oh, well. The slightly greasy hash browns eased the hangover, so I really can't complain too much. I'm looking forward to doing some cooking today, plus some chocolate truffles for my "goodies" segment. Stay tuned...

Friday night went on...

and on...







and on...

1 comment:

olives and more said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! For dinner, going out, the books, and the birthday post. I had a blast!! LOVE YOU!