Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

So busy! The kids have swimming lessons at 6:30 every evening, and Annelies also has a singing class at 10 every morning this week. Today she also has piano lessons at 4. That leaves little time for cooking. I've been doing a little cooking late-night for the next night's dinner. Really easy stuff, like a massive batch of black beans with tomatoes and brown rice. (I know I've posted about these black beans before, but I can't find the damn post. It was a long time ago. It's essentially onion, garlic, however many black beans you want, however many cans of diced, fire-roasted tomatoes you want, and whatever seasonings you like. Simmer for a while and serve over rice.)

This week's CSA pick-up was insane. I've got lots of vegetables to cook, and not much time to cook them. Maybe I should get off the computer and get in the kitchen!

Oh, I have a new favorite thing to rave about for a minute. It's Living Harvest Vanilla Hempmilk. It is so, so, so much better than soy or rice milk. I had a cup of it poured over some fresh blueberries for breakfast this morning. YUM!

Posting is going to be dodgy with all the activities this week, but I'll do the best I can!

4 comments:

carrie said...

I just bought some of that Hempmilk yesterday.....I haven't tried it yet because I haven't been home long enough to drink it. We're doing a breakfast for dinner thing tonight, so that's going to be my big chance!! I'm glad to see you rave about it.

carrie said...

Just finished a glass of the Hemp Milk. It's awesome. I like it better than both rice and soy. I've been wanting to try almond milk, but we can't because of allergies.

Susan Chipley said...

I was thinking of trying almond milk too, but I think I'm going to be sticking with the hemp milk for now. I may actually order a case of it from the co-op.

Susan Chipley said...

Oh, I also meant to add: I can't just drink a cup of soy or rice milk, but I can totally drink the hemp milk.